Welcome to “Equimundo in the Press,” a monthly recap of media that mention Equimundo or MenCare, the global fatherhood campaign that Equimundo co-coordinates. We know that in order to create a truly equal, nonviolent world in which men and boys are allies in the fight for gender justice, we need to spread the word. Here are the top 10 featured articles from July:
1. BBC’s Science Focus interviews Equimundo President and CEO Gary Barker, citing data from The Cost of the Man Box: A study on the economic impacts of harmful masculine stereotypes in the United Kingdom report in “What Does It Mean to Be a Man? – Gary Barker.”
3. The Teen Health Matters podcast interviews Equimundo’s Jane Kato-Wallace and Danny Mervill from the Latin American Youth Center in “Manhood 2.0 Challenging Gender Stereotypes.”
5. The Representation Project highlights Equimundo’s work in “Five Helpful Resources For Healthy Masculinity.”
7. El Exprés quotes Equimundo’s Sandra Vale and mentions Equimundo’s partnership with Uber in “Uber Lanza Iniciativa de Sensibilización En Género y Prevención de Acoso” [translated, “Uber Launches Gender Awareness and Bullying Prevention Initiative”].
8. The Times of India shares data around time spent on unpaid care work from the SOWF 2019 report in “Reduce The Burden: Men Must Shoulder Half of the Unpaid Care Work to Allow Women to Have Productive Careers.”
10. Middle East Eye cites data from the Understanding Masculinities: Results from the International Men and Gender Equality Survey (IMAGES) – Middle East and North Africa report in “The Uncomfortable Truths About Egypt’s Africa Cup Defeat.”