Equimundo and Sonke Gender Justice to co-host panel discussion on advancing men’s involvement in care work in partnership with Plan International Canada, MenCare, Save the Children, HeforShe, Women Deliver, and Rwanda Men’s Resource Centre (RWAMREC).
Globally, women spend more time than men on unpaid care, volunteer, and domestic work. The time has come to make commitments to take action toward gender equality.
On Wednesday, March 11th, Equimundo and Sonke Gender Justice are co-hosting a webinar discussion which will convene high-level speakers from government and civil society organizations who are doing pioneering work to promote men’s full and equitable involvement in care work to advance gender equality. This panel will focus on concrete strategies governments can and should take, including those laid out in the MenCare Commitment.
This event was originally planned in the context of the 64th Session of the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women.
Getting to Equality: The MenCare Commitment and Strategies that Advance Men’s Full and Equitable Involvement in Parenting and Care Work
- Katja Iversen, President & CEO, Women Deliver
- Maria José Moreno Ruiz, Global Gender Justice Director, Oxfam International
- Fidele Rutayisire, Executive Director, RWAMREC
- Tanjina Mirza, Co-CEO, Plan International Canada
- Yeva Avakyan, Associate Vice President, Gender Equality, Save the Children
- Gary Barker, President and CEO, Equimundo
- Angelica Pino, Director of Programmes, Sonke Gender Justice
Registration is limited, so please RSVP at http://bit.ly/2TodBnQ
This event is sponsored by Equimundo and Sonke Gender Justice in partnership with Plan International Canada, MenCare, Save the Children, HeforShe, Women Deliver, and Rwanda Men’s Resource Centre (RWAMREC).